Posted to alt.food.asian

Default Steaming Dim Sum

Hi,

Can I steam Dim Sum in an electric steamer like this:

http://tinyurl.com/5arr58

or do I have to use a bamboo steamer?

Many thanks!
Posted to alt.food.asian

Distorted Vision wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can I steam Dim Sum in an electric steamer like this:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5arr58
>
> or do I have to use a bamboo steamer?
>
> Many thanks!

As long as the food is cooked by moist heat, you can do it as you
please. The timing might change using the Tefal steamer, but that should
be all.

Ian
Posted to alt.food.asian

Distorted Vision > wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can I steam Dim Sum in an electric steamer like this:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5arr58
>
> or do I have to use a bamboo steamer?
>
> Many thanks!

Steam is steam. It should work fine.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.asian

The timing shouldn't change at all. The specific heat of steam will not be
changed much, if at all.

Hershey's steaming poo! Saint George General Cooking 5 07-09-2014 12:52 AM
Steaming Sheng [email protected] Tea 0 23-01-2009 03:43 PM
steaming rice postingprofile General Cooking 24 13-09-2007 07:50 AM
Steaming the Tea? teadrinker Tea 3 26-04-2005 02:30 AM