Posted to alt.food.asian

Default Chowhound Cookbook of the Month

Hi -

Over at Chowhound, the March "Cookbook of the Month" is actually two
books - Fuschia Dunlop's REVOLUTIONARY CHINESE and LAND OF PLENTY (or
"Sechuan Cookery" if you are on the other side of the Pond).

Aside from the recipe discussions, there are links to more of her
recipes online than I have seen assembled anywhere else.

See http://www.chowhound.com/topics/494660

Incidentally, Ms Dunlop has a new book coming out soon in the US, called
"Shark's Fin and Sichuan Pepper: A Sweet-Sour Memoir of Eating in
China". Its already out in the UK I think.

Cheers,

Ian

Posted to alt.food.asian

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:14:42 -0400, " >
wrote:

>Hi -
>
>Over at Chowhound, the March "Cookbook of the Month" is actually two
>books - Fuschia Dunlop's REVOLUTIONARY CHINESE and LAND OF PLENTY (or
>"Sechuan Cookery" if you are on the other side of the Pond).
>
>Aside from the recipe discussions, there are links to more of her
>recipes online than I have seen assembled anywhere else.
>
>See http://www.chowhound.com/topics/494660
>
>Incidentally, Ms Dunlop has a new book coming out soon in the US, called
>"Shark's Fin and Sichuan Pepper: A Sweet-Sour Memoir of Eating in
>China". Its already out in the UK I think.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Ian

thanks, ian. i've bookmarked the site to peruse later.

your pal,
blake
Posted to alt.food.asian

wrote:
> Hi -
>
> Over at Chowhound, the March "Cookbook of the Month" is actually two
> books - Fuschia Dunlop's REVOLUTIONARY CHINESE and LAND OF PLENTY (or
> "Sechuan Cookery" if you are on the other side of the Pond).
>
> Aside from the recipe discussions, there are links to more of her
> recipes online than I have seen assembled anywhere else.
>
> See
http://www.chowhound.com/topics/494660

> Incidentally, Ms Dunlop has a new book coming out soon in the US, called
> "Shark's Fin and Sichuan Pepper: A Sweet-Sour Memoir of Eating in
> China". Its already out in the UK I think.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ian

Just saw the new one in the United States. Not a lot of
recipes. I'll get it from the library first and decide
whether it's a "must-have".

--
Jean B.