Posted to alt.food.asian

Default Kung Pao Chicken

I would like the BEST Kung Pao Chicken Please= thanks

Posted to alt.food.asian

huck wrote on Tue, 27 Nov 2007 07:05:24 -0700:

h> I would like the BEST Kung Pao Chicken Please= thanks

Me too! :-)

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to alt.food.asian

huck wrote:
> I would like the BEST Kung Pao Chicken Please= thanks

no can do. they make the best Kung Pao anywhere in Sichuan province.
lucky me, i'm going to Chengdu again in march
Posted to alt.food.asian

Saudades said...
> huck wrote:
> > I would like the BEST Kung Pao Chicken Please= thanks
> >

> no can do. they make the best Kung Pao anywhere in Sichuan province.
> lucky me, i'm going to Chengdu again in march

Unlucky me !
I use the Fuchsias recipe...

Gerardus
Posted to alt.food.asian
ian ian is offline

huck wrote:
> I would like the BEST Kung Pao Chicken Please= thanks

I like Fuscia Dunlop's best too:

http://www.leitesculinaria.com/recip.../kung_pao.html

Cheers,

Ian

Posted to alt.food.asian

Default Dunlop

Gerardus wrote:

> Unlucky me !
> I use the Fuchsias recipe...
>
> Gerardus

i do have the book. maybe i should try making it *according to Dunlop*
before going to China. the scorched 'facing heaven' chilis which are
used in copious amounts are half the success.

looking forward to seeing your pic of this dish in abf.
Posted to alt.food.asian

Saudades > wrote:
> Gerardus wrote:
>
> > Unlucky me !
> > I use the Fuchsias recipe...
> >

> i do have the book. maybe i should try making it *according to Dunlop*
> before going to China. the scorched 'facing heaven' chilis which are
> used in copious amounts are half the success.
>
> looking forward to seeing your pic of this dish in abf.

Hey, FG. We've scorched jalapeños and serranos, but I don't recall doing it
with Prik Kee Noo or Prik Chii Faa. How do you do them?

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.asian

Nick Cramer wrote:

> Hey, FG. We've scorched jalapeños and serranos, but I don't recall doing it
> with Prik Kee Noo or Prik Chii Faa. How do you do them?

hi NC, i don't know if they scorch the Thai variety at all [in Thai
cookery]. i shall have a look in David Thompson's outstanding Thai
cookery book. IIRC, the Sichuanese scorch the chilis [without other
ingredients] in the wok -in a flash- but don't allow them to burn else
they will taste bitter.

this is dried Sichuan 'facing heaven' chilis i brought back from
Chengdu, plump and have a nice shade of red:
http://bonvivantnl.fotopic.net/p41539140.html

i prefer the fresh stuff. far superior! need to grow my own. this site
has a photo of gorgeous fresh 'facing heaven':
http://www.gluckman.com/SichuanFood.html
Posted to alt.food.asian

Saudades > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:
>
> > Hey, FG. We've scorched jalapeños and serranos, but I don't recall
> > doing it with Prik Kee Noo or Prik Chii Faa. How do you do them?
> >

> hi NC, i don't know if they scorch the Thai variety at all [in Thai
> cookery]. i shall have a look in David Thompson's outstanding Thai
> cookery book. IIRC, the Sichuanese scorch the chilis [without other
> ingredients] in the wok -in a flash- but don't allow them to burn else
> they will taste bitter.
>
> this is dried Sichuan 'facing heaven' chilis i brought back from
> Chengdu, plump and have a nice shade of red:
> http://bonvivantnl.fotopic.net/p41539140.html
>
> i prefer the fresh stuff. far superior! need to grow my own. this site
> has a photo of gorgeous fresh 'facing heaven':
> http://www.gluckman.com/SichuanFood.html

Hi Saudades, Thai Prik Chii Faa are the 'sky pointing chiles'! Jun roasts
them and the Thai Prik Kee Noos in a dry wok. I always know when she's
doing them! ;-0

I can send you some of our seeds if you want. You know what to do to email
me.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.asian

Default chilis

Nick Cramer wrote:

> Hi Saudades, Thai Prik Chii Faa are the 'sky pointing chiles'! Jun roasts
> them and the Thai Prik Kee Noos in a dry wok. I always know when she's
> doing them! ;-0
>
> I can send you some of our seeds if you want. You know what to do to email
> me.

thanks, NC. i do have the 'ive seeds'. someone in Calif. sent them in
the summer. but i'm sending them to DC so he can test grow them first
in the spring. by the time i return from HK/Macau/China it's already
too late to sow.

btw, i have a suspicion that the Thai 'facing heaven' is not the same as
those from Sichuan. but i'm not an expert in any way. someone else
might know more about chilis.

Posted to alt.food.asian

Saudades > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:
>
> > Hey, FG. We've scorched jalapeños and serranos, but I don't recall
> > doing it with Prik Kee Noo or Prik Chii Faa. How do you do them?
> >

> hi NC, i don't know if they scorch the Thai variety at all [in Thai
> cookery]. i shall have a look in David Thompson's outstanding Thai
> cookery book. IIRC, the Sichuanese scorch the chilis [without other
> ingredients] in the wok -in a flash- but don't allow them to burn else
> they will taste bitter.
>
> this is dried Sichuan 'facing heaven' chilis i brought back from
> Chengdu, plump and have a nice shade of red:
> http://bonvivantnl.fotopic.net/p41539140.html
>
> i prefer the fresh stuff. far superior! need to grow my own. this site
> has a photo of gorgeous fresh 'facing heaven':
> http://www.gluckman.com/SichuanFood.html

Not the same as the ones we grow, which Jun tells me are not Prik Chii Faa,
just Black Chiles. But they do point to the sky and they are hot!

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.asian

Saudades > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:
>
> > Hi Saudades, Thai Prik Chii Faa are the 'sky pointing chiles'! Jun
> > roasts them and the Thai Prik Kee Noos in a dry wok. I always know when
> > she's doing them! ;-0
> >
> > I can send you some of our seeds if you want. You know what to do to
> > email me.
> >

> thanks, NC. i do have the 'ive seeds'. someone in Calif. sent them in
> the summer. but i'm sending them to DC so he can test grow them first
> in the spring. by the time i return from HK/Macau/China it's already
> too late to sow.
>
> btw, i have a suspicion that the Thai 'facing heaven' is not the same as
> those from Sichuan. but i'm not an expert in any way. someone else
> might know more about chilis.

You're in touch with DC? Outstanding! Say "Hi" for me. Send me some Sichuan
"facing heaven" seeds, if you can. Thanks. And have a wonderful trip!

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Kung Pao Chicken 3 Sharon[_3_] Recipes (moderated) 0 11-05-2007 01:13 PM
Kung Pao Chicken With a Pow Michele Recipes (moderated) 0 07-11-2005 03:47 AM
Kung Pao Chicken 7 Hawks Recipes 0 29-06-2005 06:30 PM
Kung Pao Chicken International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 10-05-2004 02:48 AM