Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

Default Beijing Steam Buns Include Cardboard

Beijing Steam Buns Include Cardboard
Thursday July 12, 2007 10:01 AM

BEIJING (AP) - Chopped cardboard, softened with an industrial chemical
and made tasty with pork flavoring, is a main ingredient in batches of
steamed buns sold in one Beijing neighborhood, state television said.

The report, aired late Wednesday on China Central Television,
highlights the country's problems with food safety despite government
efforts to improve the situation.

Countless small, often illegally run operations exist across China and
make money cutting corners by using inexpensive ingredients or
unsavory substitutes. They are almost impossible to regulate.

China Central Television's undercover investigation features the
shirtless, shorts-clad maker of the buns, called baozi, explaining the
contents of the product sold in Beijing's sprawling Chaoyang
district.

The hidden camera follows the man, whose face is not shown, into a
ramshackle building where steamers are filled with the fluffy white
buns, traditionally stuffed with minced pork.

The surroundings are filthy, with water puddles and piles of old
furniture and cardboard on the ground.

``What's in the recipe?'' the reporter asks. ``Six to four,'' the man
says.

``You mean 60 percent cardboard? What is the other 40 percent?'' asks
the reporter. ``Fatty meat,'' the man replies.

The bun maker and his assistants then give a demonstration on how the
product is made.

Squares of cardboard picked from the ground are first soaked to a pulp
in a plastic basin of caustic soda - a chemical base commonly used in
manufacturing paper and soap - then chopped into tiny morsels with a
cleaver. Fatty pork and powdered seasoning are stirred in.

Soon, steaming servings of the buns appear on-screen. The reporter
takes a bite.

``This baozi filling is kind of tough. Not much taste,'' he says.
``Can other people taste the difference?''

``Most people can't. It fools the average person,'' the maker says.
``I don't eat them myself.''

The police eventually show up and shut down the operation.

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

> wrote in message
ups.com...

snip

> unsavory substitutes. They are almost impossible to regulate.

really? a law requiring execution if you get caught oughta do it.

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

On Jul 12, 5:36 am, wrote:
> Beijing Steam Buns Include Cardboard
> Thursday July 12, 2007 10:01 AM
>
> BEIJING (AP) - Chopped cardboard, softened with an industrial chemical
> and made tasty with pork flavoring, is a main ingredient in batches of
> steamed buns sold in one Beijing neighborhood, state television said.

How horrible!
Such is an unspeakable evil.

Posted to soc.culture.china,soc.culture.asian.american,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

On Jul 12, 9:42 am, Bert Hyman > wrote:
> () wrote roups.com:
>
> > BEIJING (AP) - Chopped cardboard, softened with an industrial
> > chemical and made tasty with pork flavoring, is a main ingredient
> > in batches of steamed buns sold in one Beijing neighborhood, state
> > television said.

> A high-fiber substitute for pork?
>
> Sounds like a healthy choice :-)
>
> --
> Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |

The 40% fatty pork makes it unhealthy.

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

On Jul 12, 6:42 am, Bert Hyman > wrote:
> () wrote roups.com:
>
> > BEIJING (AP) - Chopped cardboard, softened with an industrial
> > chemical and made tasty with pork flavoring, is a main ingredient
> > in batches of steamed buns sold in one Beijing neighborhood, state
> > television said.

> A high-fiber substitute for pork?
>
> Sounds like a healthy choice :-)

Bert, care to try one?

> --
> Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

On Jul 12, 7:22 am, Bert Hyman > wrote:
> (rst0wxyz) wrote roups.com:
>
> > On Jul 12, 6:42 am, Bert Hyman > wrote:
> >> () wrote
> >> roups.com:

> >> A high-fiber substitute for pork?

> >> Sounds like a healthy choice :-)

> > Bert, care to try one?

> It would probably be better than the Fiber One cereal I choke down
> every morning :-)
>
> Cellulose-derived fiber is a common ingredient in many "high fiber"
> foods and diet supplements.

Well, Bert, at least you admit the U.S. food makers also do the same
thing, but in cleaner surroundings. Others only condemn China.

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

On Jul 12, 7:40 am, rst0wxyz > wrote:
> On Jul 12, 7:22 am, Bert Hyman > wrote:
>

> > (rst0wxyz) wrote roups.com:

> > > Bert, care to try one?

> > It would probably be better than the Fiber One cereal I choke down
> > every morning :-)

> > Cellulose-derived fiber is a common ingredient in many "high fiber"
> > foods and diet supplements.

> Well, Bert, at least you admit the U.S. food makers also do the same
> thing, but in cleaner surroundings. Others only condemn China.- Hide quoted text -

You see no difference between the 2 other than the hygiene? How about
the caustic soda used as a cardboard softener? How about the false
advertising? US food makers are honest about the product they are
marketing.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...1/ai_n18909233

The Dow Chemical Company has introduced Fortefiber soluble dietary
fiber. Clinical data show Fortefiber offers proven benefits in the
management of health issues related to blood glucose and cholesterol.
Fortefiber is available in a variety of grades and can be custom-
designed to address any specific texture needs or formulations--
ranging from liquids to hard snacks.

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

On Jul 12, 9:18 am, wrote:
> On Jul 12, 7:40 am, rst0wxyz > wrote:
> You see no difference between the 2 other than the hygiene? How about
> the caustic soda used as a cardboard softener? How about the false
> advertising? US food makers are honest about the product they are
> marketing.

Well, Bill Moore, I have been saying it many times. China gotta
change. China is huge. They just emerged from a 5,000 year sleep.
With 1.3 billion people, it will take time. I think their leaders
have good intentions, but their way of life for the past 5,000 years
has been a hinder every step of the way. Dictatorship will be faster
to improve the country. Democracy will destroy China as everyone will
want to go their way.

> http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...1/ai_n18909233
>
> The Dow Chemical Company has introduced Fortefiber soluble dietary
> fiber. Clinical data show Fortefiber offers proven benefits in the
> management of health issues related to blood glucose and cholesterol.
> Fortefiber is available in a variety of grades and can be custom-
> designed to address any specific texture needs or formulations--
> ranging from liquids to hard snacks.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

On Jul 12, 9:30 am, Bert Hyman > wrote:
> () wrote roups.com:
>
> > How about the caustic soda used as a cardboard softener?

> "Lutefisk is made from air-dried whitefish (normally cod, but ling is
> also used), prepared with lye, in a sequence of particular
> treatments. The first treatment is to soak the stockfish in cold
> water for five to six days (with the water changed daily). The
> saturated stockfish is then soaked in an unchanged solution of cold
> water and lye for an additional two days."
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk#Preparation
>
> Mmmmm....

OK, but also:

"To make the fish edible, a final treatment of yet another four to six
days of soaking in cold water (also changed daily) is needed."

Not that it sounds appetizing, but...

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

On Jul 12, 9:35 am, wrote:
> On Jul 12, 9:30 am, Bert Hyman > wrote:
>
> > () wrote roups.com:

> > > How about the caustic soda used as a cardboard softener?

> > "Lutefisk is made from air-dried whitefish (normally cod, but ling is
> > also used), prepared with lye, in a sequence of particular
> > treatments. The first treatment is to soak the stockfish in cold
> > water for five to six days (with the water changed daily). The
> > saturated stockfish is then soaked in an unchanged solution of cold
> > water and lye for an additional two days."

> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk#Preparation

> > Mmmmm....

> OK, but also:
>
> "To make the fish edible, a final treatment of yet another four to six
> days of soaking in cold water (also changed daily) is needed."
>
> Not that it sounds appetizing, but...

Have you guys ever tried the salted fish you see hanging on stores in
Chinatown? They cost $16.99 per pound. For this price, I can eat
fresh lobsters.

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

On Jul 12, 9:30 am, rst0wxyz > wrote:
> On Jul 12, 9:18 am, wrote:
>
> > On Jul 12, 7:40 am, rst0wxyz > wrote:
> > You see no difference between the 2 other than the hygiene? How about
> > the caustic soda used as a cardboard softener? How about the false
> > advertising? US food makers are honest about the product they are
> > marketing.

> Well, Bill Moore, I have been saying it many times. China gotta
> change. China is huge. They just emerged from a 5,000 year sleep.
> With 1.3 billion people, it will take time. I think their leaders
> have good intentions, but their way of life for the past 5,000 years
> has been a hinder every step of the way. Dictatorship will be faster
> to improve the country. Democracy will destroy China as everyone will
> want to go their way.

I'll agree that it will take time. Not sure about the right time frame
for democracy, but it has to come eventually. Not so sure about the
leaders' intentions. Some seem good but some seem to be a hindrance.

Disagree that they need to shed their old way of life to the degree
you seem to think.

> >http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...1/ai_n18909233

> > The Dow Chemical Company has introduced Fortefiber soluble dietary
> > fiber. Clinical data show Fortefiber offers proven benefits in the
> > management of health issues related to blood glucose and cholesterol.
> > Fortefiber is available in a variety of grades and can be custom-
> > designed to address any specific texture needs or formulations--
> > ranging from liquids to hard snacks.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

On Jul 12, 10:58 am, wrote:
> On Jul 12, 9:30 am, rst0wxyz > wrote:
>
> > On Jul 12, 9:18 am, wrote:

> > > On Jul 12, 7:40 am, rst0wxyz > wrote:
> > > You see no difference between the 2 other than the hygiene? How about
> > > the caustic soda used as a cardboard softener? How about the false
> > > advertising? US food makers are honest about the product they are
> > > marketing.

> > Well, Bill Moore, I have been saying it many times. China gotta
> > change. China is huge. They just emerged from a 5,000 year sleep.
> > With 1.3 billion people, it will take time. I think their leaders
> > have good intentions, but their way of life for the past 5,000 years
> > has been a hinder every step of the way. Dictatorship will be faster
> > to improve the country. Democracy will destroy China as everyone will
> > want to go their way.

> I'll agree that it will take time. Not sure about the right time frame
> for democracy, but it has to come eventually. Not so sure about the
> leaders' intentions. Some seem good but some seem to be a hindrance.
>
> Disagree that they need to shed their old way of life to the degree
> you seem to think.

Yeah, too much Confucianism which ties China to its past. That gotta
go. A few executions of corrupt officials will do wonders for China.

Posted to soc.culture.china,soc.culture.asian.american,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

On Jul 12, 10:22 am, Bert Hyman > wrote:
> (James) wrote oups.com:
>
> > On Jul 12, 9:42 am, Bert Hyman > wrote:
> >> () wrote
> >> roups.com:

> >> A high-fiber substitute for pork?

> >> Sounds like a healthy choice :-)

> > The 40% fatty pork makes it unhealthy.

> But still better than if it was 100% fatty pork, don't you think?
>
> --
> Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |

Yup! Much healthier than American bacon.

The cardboard is just another source of cellulose found in expensive
American diet breads.

You have to wonder why the reporter chose to define caustic soda - a
chemical base commonly used in manufacturing paper and soap. Was he
just trying to sell papers or was he truly an idiot who didn't know
caustic soda is widely used in food processing including making the
most widely used high fructose corn syrup. A sweetner used in almost
every processed food eaten in the West.

http://www.sundyne.com/ind/details/1...TI7634,00.html

"Syrup Refining - Syrup refining is a process used to make high
fructose corn syrup (HFCS), a popular food and beverage sweetener.
Refining takes place via an ion-exchange system which removes chemical
residues from the syrup. When the system has exhausted its treating
capability, hydrochloric acid (HCl) and caustic soda are used in large
quantities to regenerate the resins, in effect providing an "acid
bath." Ansimag pumps are used to recirculate and transfer HCl and/or
caustic soda in this process."

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

Confucianism will stay.

On Jul 12, 2:38 pm, rst0wxyz > wrote:
> On Jul 12, 10:58 am, wrote:

> > > Well, Bill Moore, I have been saying it many times. China gotta
> > > change. China is huge. They just emerged from a 5,000 year sleep.
> > > With 1.3 billion people, it will take time. I think their leaders
> > > have good intentions, but their way of life for the past 5,000 years
> > > has been a hinder every step of the way. Dictatorship will be faster
> > > to improve the country. Democracy will destroy China as everyone will
> > > want to go their way.

> > I'll agree that it will take time. Not sure about the right time frame
> > for democracy, but it has to come eventually. Not so sure about the
> > leaders' intentions. Some seem good but some seem to be a hindrance.

> > Disagree that they need to shed their old way of life to the degree
> > you seem to think.

> Yeah, too much Confucianism which ties China to its past. That gotta
> go. A few executions of corrupt officials will do wonders for China.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

On Jul 12, 12:51 pm, " >
wrote:
> Confucianism will stay.

Confucianism was the casue of China's rotten past. It gotta go.

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

(rst0wxyz) wrote in
ups.com:

> On Jul 12, 12:51 pm, "
> > wrote:
>> Confucianism will stay.

> Confucianism was the casue of China's rotten past. It gotta go.

And what of its rotten present?

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

On Jul 12, 1:12 pm, Bert Hyman > wrote:
> (rst0wxyz) wrote roups.com:
>
> > On Jul 12, 12:51 pm, "
> > > wrote:
> >> Confucianism will stay.

> > Confucianism was the casue of China's rotten past. It gotta go.

> And what of its rotten present?

Anything rotten gotta go, including Christianity, Buddhism, Islam,
Corruptions, family tree worshipping,...

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

J.Venning > wrote
> rst0wxyz > wrote

>> Anything rotten gotta go, including Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, Corruptions, family tree
>> worshipping,...

> And replace them with what? The common people need a god to worship in times of sorrow and
> uncertainty, and they will pay
> anything to hang on to such a belief, calling it "faith". Religion will never be totally wiped out
> from the human mind no matter how
> intelligent people are.

> The victims in Waco were highly educated people

No they werent.

> who were disillusioned by the norms of their society;

Who were stupid enough to get sucked in by that arsehole, actually.

> look at the Mormons - they are highly educated people

No they arent.

> who believe in the Angel Moroni and Joseph Smith (!!); even a handful of the Falun Gong clowns are
> educated, though misled. No, you cannot do away with religion and superstition - they are the
> curse of the human race.

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

On Jul 12, 10:53 pm, "J.Venning" > wrote:
> "rst0wxyz" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...> Anything rotten gotta go, including Christianity, Buddhism, Islam,
> > Corruptions, family tree worshipping,...

> And replace them with what? The common people need a god to worship in
> times of sorrow and uncertainty, and they will pay anything to hang on to
> such a belief, calling it "faith". Religion will never be totally wiped out
> from the human mind no matter how intelligent people are. The victims in
> Waco were highly educated people who were disillusioned by the norms of
> their society; look at the Mormons - they are highly educated people who
> believe in the Angel Moroni and Joseph Smith (!!); even a handful of the
> Falun Gong clowns are educated, though misled. No, you cannot do away with
> religion and superstition - they are the curse of the human race.

Humanity preservation is coming down on us hard. If we don't think
ahead to save ourselves, we will die on this polluted earth soon. All
nations should be thinking of the same thing, to explore space and
find another planet where we can transport our kind. This way, we
save earth as well as ourselves.

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

J.Venning > wrote
> Rod Speed > wrote

>>> The victims in Waco were highly educated people

>> No they werent.

>>> who were disillusioned by the norms of their society;

>> Who were stupid enough to get sucked in by that arsehole, actually.

>>> look at the Mormons - they are highly educated people

>> No they arent.

> Care to back up your challenges by some source ?

YOU made those claims.

YOU get to do the backing up.

THATS how it works.

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

On 12 Jul 2007 16:30:02 GMT, Bert Hyman > wrote:

() wrote in
oups.com:

>> How about the caustic soda used as a cardboard softener?

>"Lutefisk is made from air-dried whitefish (normally cod, but ling is
>also used), prepared with lye, in a sequence of particular
>treatments. The first treatment is to soak the stockfish in cold
>water for five to six days (with the water changed daily). The
>saturated stockfish is then soaked in an unchanged solution of cold
>water and lye for an additional two days."

Lye is also used to turn corn into hominy and hominy grits and in
olives.
------------
There are no atheists in foxholes
or in Fenway Park in an extra inning
game.
____

Cape Cod Bob

Delete the two "spam"s for email
Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

"rst0wxyz" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Anything rotten gotta go, including Christianity, Buddhism, Islam,
> Corruptions, family tree worshipping,...

And replace them with what? The common people need a god to worship in
times of sorrow and uncertainty, and they will pay anything to hang on to
such a belief, calling it "faith". Religion will never be totally wiped out
from the human mind no matter how intelligent people are. The victims in
Waco were highly educated people who were disillusioned by the norms of
their society; look at the Mormons - they are highly educated people who
believe in the Angel Moroni and Joseph Smith (!!); even a handful of the
Falun Gong clowns are educated, though misled. No, you cannot do away with
religion and superstition - they are the curse of the human race.
J.

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

"Rod Speed" > wrote in message
>> The victims in Waco were highly educated people

> No they werent.
>
>> who were disillusioned by the norms of their society;

> Who were stupid enough to get sucked in by that arsehole, actually.
>
>> look at the Mormons - they are highly educated people

> No they arent.

Care to back up your challenges by some source ?
J.
Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

On Jul 12, 11:16 pm, Cape Cod Bob >
wrote:
> On 12 Jul 2007 16:30:02 GMT, Bert Hyman > wrote:
>
> () wrote in
> oups.com:

> >> How about the caustic soda used as a cardboard softener?

> >"Lutefisk is made from air-dried whitefish (normally cod, but ling is
> >also used), prepared with lye, in a sequence of particular
> >treatments. The first treatment is to soak the stockfish in cold
> >water for five to six days (with the water changed daily). The
> >saturated stockfish is then soaked in an unchanged solution of cold
> >water and lye for an additional two days."

> Lye is also used to turn corn into hominy and hominy grits and in
> olives.

Also in forming the nice brown crust on pretzels, unless one's legal
team forbids it.<g>

Scene 9 of Pretzel Logic

http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/Seaso...tzel_tran.html

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

Yum yum yum

"drydem" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Jul 12, 5:36 am, wrote:
>> Beijing Steam Buns Include Cardboard
>> Thursday July 12, 2007 10:01 AM
>>
>> BEIJING (AP) - Chopped cardboard, softened with an industrial chemical
>> and made tasty with pork flavoring, is a main ingredient in batches of
>> steamed buns sold in one Beijing neighborhood, state television said.

> How horrible!
> Such is an unspeakable evil.

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

On Jul 13, 8:45 am, "Chairman Mao says:" > wrote:
> Yum yum yum

I got more cardboards here if you think it's tasty.

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

Default Chinese earn their first Nobel prize. Beijing Steam Buns Include Cardboard

rst0wxyz wrote:
> On Jul 13, 8:45 am, "Chairman Mao says:" > wrote:
> > Yum yum yum

> I got more cardboards here if you think it's tasty.

Chinese earn their first Nobel prize.

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

really idiot !!! you must have been licking that wooden hand gun after
you took it out from your asshole, asshole !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Jul 13, 10:18 am, "sha zu Kang(butcher Kang) ****s Chairman
Cat(Mao)" > wrote:
> rst0wxyz wrote:
> > On Jul 13, 8:45 am, "Chairman Mao says:" > wrote:
> > > Yum yum yum

> > I got more cardboards here if you think it's tasty.

> Chinese earn their first Nobel prize.

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

On Jul 12, 5:36 am, wrote:
> Beijing Steam Buns Include Cardboard
> Thursday July 12, 2007 10:01 AM
>
> BEIJING (AP) - Chopped cardboard, softened with an industrial chemical
> and made tasty with pork flavoring, is a main ingredient in batches of
> steamed buns sold in one Beijing neighborhood, state television said.

Blech! X{ I wonder how many food stuffs are being sent here from
there adulterated in this fashion?
A couple years ago, several babies died in that same country after a
company sold counterfeit baby formula:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/reportsfromab.../20060410.html

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian,alt.atheism

I'm going into business selling card board cakes.

"rst0wxyz" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Jul 12, 7:22 am, Bert Hyman > wrote:
>> (rst0wxyz) wrote
>> roups.com:

>> > Bert, care to try one?

>> It would probably be better than the Fiber One cereal I choke down
>> every morning :-)
>>
>> Cellulose-derived fiber is a common ingredient in many "high fiber"
>> foods and diet supplements.

> Well, Bert, at least you admit the U.S. food makers also do the same
> thing, but in cleaner surroundings. Others only condemn China.

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

Default What a great invention. Beijing Steam Buns Include Cardboard

Chairman Mao says: wrote:
> I'm going into business selling card board cakes.

What a great invention.

Chinese have already sold fake lotus seed moon cake for more than 10
years.

They have sold DDT "mao tai" too.

Poisons Republic of Chine.

> "rst0wxyz" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > On Jul 12, 7:22 am, Bert Hyman > wrote:
> >> (rst0wxyz) wrote
> >> roups.com:

> >> It would probably be better than the Fiber One cereal I choke down
> >> every morning :-)
> >>
> >> Cellulose-derived fiber is a common ingredient in many "high fiber"
> >> foods and diet supplements.

> > Well, Bert, at least you admit the U.S. food makers also do the same
> > thing, but in cleaner surroundings. Others only condemn China.

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian,alt.atheism

In "Chairman Mao says:"
> wrote:

> I'm going into business selling card board cakes.

Just advertise them as "high fiber" and you'll make a mint.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

really idiot !!!!! stuff your wooden hand gun up your asshole,
asshole !!!!!!!

On Jul 15, 4:15 pm, "sha zu Kang(butcher Kang) ****s Chairman
Cat(Mao)" > wrote:
> Chairman Mao says: wrote:
> > I'm going into business selling card board cakes.

> What a great invention.
>
> Chinese have already sold fake lotus seed moon cake for more than 10
> years.
>
> They have sold DDT "mao tai" too.
>
> Poisons Republic of Chine.
>

> > "rst0wxyz" > wrote in message
> roups.com...

> > > Well, Bert, at least you admit the U.S. food makers also do the same
> > > thing, but in cleaner surroundings. Others only condemn China.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

Default MUST READ!!! The story "Beijing Steam Buns Include Cardboard" is a purely fabrication and Beijing TV station has apologized today Beijing Steam Buns Include Cardboard

The story "Beijing Steam Buns Include Cardboard" reported by Beijing
TV station one week ago has been found a purely fabrication. Beijing
TV station confessed they made up the story to gain program rating and
the TV station has apologized today and program staff who made up the
story has been retained in the police station now. For details,
here's the link (in Chinese):

http://news.chinatimes.com/2007Cti/2...5148+0,00.html

On Jul 12, 8:36 am, wrote:
> Beijing Steam Buns IncludeCardboard
> Thursday July 12, 2007 10:01 AM
>
> BEIJING (AP) - Choppedcardboard, softened with an industrial chemical
> and made tasty with pork flavoring, is a main ingredient in batches of
> steamed buns sold in one Beijing neighborhood, state television said.
>
> The report, aired late Wednesday on China Central Television,
> highlights the country's problems with food safety despite government
> efforts to improve the situation.
>
> Countless small, often illegally run operations exist across China and
> make money cutting corners by using inexpensive ingredients or
> unsavory substitutes. They are almost impossible to regulate.
>
> China Central Television's undercover investigation features the
> shirtless, shorts-clad maker of the buns, called baozi, explaining the
> contents of the product sold in Beijing's sprawling Chaoyang
> district.
>
> The hidden camera follows the man, whose face is not shown, into a
> ramshackle building where steamers are filled with the fluffy white
> buns, traditionally stuffed with minced pork.
>
> The surroundings are filthy, with water puddles and piles of old
> furniture andcardboardon the ground.
>
> ``What's in the recipe?'' the reporter asks. ``Six to four,'' the man
> says.
>
> ``You mean 60 percentcardboard? What is the other 40 percent?'' asks
> the reporter. ``Fatty meat,'' the man replies.
>
> The bun maker and his assistants then give a demonstration on how the
> product is made.
>
> Squares ofcardboardpicked from the ground are first soaked to a pulp
> in a plastic basin of caustic soda - a chemical base commonly used in
> manufacturing paper and soap - then chopped into tiny morsels with a
> cleaver. Fatty pork and powdered seasoning are stirred in.
>
> Soon, steaming servings of the buns appear on-screen. The reporter
> takes a bite.
>
> ``This baozi filling is kind of tough. Not much taste,'' he says.
> ``Can other people taste the difference?''
>
> ``Most people can't. It fools the average person,'' the maker says.
> ``I don't eat them myself.''
>
> The police eventually show up and shut down the operation.

Posted to soc.culture.asian.american,soc.culture.china,misc.consumers,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian

Fake bun just FAKE news
http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/PEK90856.htm
Beijing authorities said investigations had found that an employee
surnamed Zi had fabricated the report to garner "higher audience
ratings", the China Daily said on Thursday.

"Zi had provided all the cardboard and asked the vendor to soak it.
It's all cheating," the paper quoted a government notice as saying.