Posted to alt.food.asian

Default authentic chinese recipes on internet

Joel wrote:
> as well as the request for favorate books of chinese recipes, any

very good
> sites for authentic excellent chinese recepes????? joel

The People's Republic of China Cookbook is great. You can still find
copies of it on Amazon as used books. The paperbacks are cheap!

But I have also enjoyed the books by Grace Young. First read Wisdom from
the Chinese Kitchen and then Breath of the Wok. Interesting insights
into what is happening to Chinese food here in the US, how immigrants
are adapting their favorite dishes to what you can do here. It's always
hard to define what 'authentic is because food and cooking is always
evolving and changing especially from one locale to another. Cooking has
never been static so it's hard to freeze a dish or recipe and say 'THIS
is authentic and real' over someone else's version.

Melondy