Jmmbear

Default Carbohydrate Choices???????

In article >,
erospam (Wmkcross) writes:

>I've been reading a recipe book, Betty Crocker's Diabetes Cookbook. Great
>book
>by the way.It mentions Carbhydrate choices. My so called dietician never
>mentioned such a thing. I understand the theory but my question is how do I
>know how many carb choices I can have per day?
>1. Does anyone know of a site where I could get this info?
>2. Does anyone know of a site that tells carb values of foods?
>
>BTW, I no longer deal w/ that dietician. I wouldn't trust her answers anyway.

Although the book sounds good, I have found most of the diabetic books to have
far more carbs than I can eat.. My mother thinking she was being helpfull, sent
me three cookbooks for diabetics she sent away for. The majority of the recipes
were for deserts, pastas, breads and rice dishes...Sigh.. Nice thought...Even
some of the books being touted as lowcarb do the same thing..
As always YMMV and this is JMO
Jeanne Type 2 Diagnosed 05/28/02
189/154/120