Siobhan Perricone

Default Carbohydrate Choices???????

On 11 Nov 2003 00:17:32 GMT, erospam (Wmkcross) wrote:

>I've been reading a recipe book, Betty Crocker's Diabetes Cookbook. Great book
>by the way.It mentions Carbhydrate choices. My so called dietician never
>mentioned such a thing. I understand the theory but my question is how do I
>know how many carb choices I can have per day?
>1. Does anyone know of a site where I could get this info?
>2. Does anyone know of a site that tells carb values of foods?

Go to the USDA site (
www.usda.gov) and use their values for general
information, but it's always better to get the carb counts off the packages
you're actually cooking with.

Also, I stay away from "choices" and "exchanges". It's just extra work. I
count the carbs. I know that in general X carbs will raise my BG Y amount
because I've been testing myself for a long time now. That's really the
best thing for you to do. Take the time to test yourself a lot to see what
foods impact you in what ways.

For instance, I can have pizza no problem, as long as I eat one entire
slice, and the toppings off the rest of the slices.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"Who would have thought that a bad Austrian artist who's obsessed with the human physical ideal could assemble such a rabid political following?"