Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default marinade observation

Nonnymus wrote:
> Dana Myers wrote:
>> Dave Bugg wrote:

>>> The only thing I do is put the rub on the ribs just befor going into
>>> the pit.

>> Same here, and I don't marinate 'em at all.

> \
> It's a matter of taste, and I would suggest that you give it a try.
> Sure, I've done them with just a rub many times, but in taste tests,
> my friends always seem to gravitate to the ones I marinated in apple
> juice. Somehow, the apple juice goes well with pork, and I also do
> pork chops and cutlets in it as well most of the time. YMMV

I've done a lot of testing with marinating. I don't like the texture to the
meat or the infused flavor. I want the taste of the pork to be enhanced with
the rub, but I don't want the taste of the meat adulterated. Just my
preference. My customers seem to keep coming back for more.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com