Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Harry Demidavicius Harry Demidavicius is offline

Default Summery weather yesterday

On 22 Oct 2007 20:07:12 GMT, "Default User" >
wrote:

>It was very warm and breezy yesterday, somewhere well into the 80s. I
>had the WSM fired up to do a butt (part of my campaign to use up
>everything in the freezer ASAP.
>
>I hadn't had such a windy day before, and temps were a bit unstable at
>first. I usually have all three bottom vents about at about 1/4 open or
>so. I ended up just closing the one on the windward side completely and
>slightly increasing the other two. That seemed to work well, it settled
>into about 300F for most of the rest of the day.
>

>Brian

Brian

Visit the BBQ Guru site and some of the stuff they sell. One is a
cover specific to the WSM which they claim will preclude wind and such
like from messing with you The cover is good to 400f According to
their Claim [about $100 - slightly less for Canadians ;o)

I drive Kamados, but if I had a WSM, I'd be getting that cover.

Harry

The usual disclaimers [no financial interests etc]