Posted to alt.food.barbecue
mikehende mikehende is offline

Default starting outdoor fire issues, help needed

Thanks, my next question concerns techniques when starting a fire, I see
some folks using a whole bottle of lighter fluid sometimes to get a fire
going, I am thinking of using "briquets" by placing some of them into the
fireplace, spraying some fluid on them underneath the main firewood, some
told me to use coals, what's the best method generally to start a fire
using firewood to cook? Please note that I am using a piece of circular
iron with a cutout into which the wood is placed, I don't have a pic of
this type of fireplace but I can take a pic if and send it to anyone if
the type of fireplace makes a difference, let me know please.