Siobhan Perricone

Default Cola or diet cola?

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 09:58:28 +1100, Alan > wrote:

>On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 10:15:22 -0400, Siobhan Perricone
> wrote:
>
>>>But wouldn't he have shown some symptoms during that 1 or 2 hour time
>>>that would have alerted him that something was up and he should check
>>>his bg levels?

>>I never have any symptoms of note when I'm having a spike. The only way I
>>can tell is when I test.

>I only get symptoms (tight feeling in the forehead and scalp, flushed
>face) when it is excessively high, over 9 (160) or 10 (180). Only the
>meter can tell me if it's between 7 and 9.

Don't think I've ever had a spike higher than 163. I was diagnosed early
and I've been successfully controlling it with diet and exercise, and the
only times I've had such high spikes are after celebratory meals where I
eat whatever I want, including the special dessert, without counting the
carbs. Or when I eat too much sushi. Usually after such high carb
consumption I"ll take an extra long, more energetic walk, to lower my BG.
Usually that works. I've only had a very few really bad spikes in the last
ten months since diagnosis.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"Who would have thought that a bad Austrian artist who's obsessed with the human physical ideal could assemble such a rabid political following?"