BZ

Default Asperitame

I am familiar with Betty Martini or any of her so called "scammers", but you
are not very informed on the worldwide use of Stevia or the reasons why its
not available in your country. Monsanto is a very powerful company, they
don't want Stevia on the shelves of US grocery stores. If they don't want it
there, they have the power to prevent it. So they have. Now they can sell
you more Aspertame. Pretty simple huh? Why is it that Americans think
they're so smart? The rest of the world is laughing at you....more and more.

"Ted Rosenberg" > wrote in message
> cc'd by email
>
> Betty Martini and her team of scammers are always posting to the
> diabetic newsgroups as shills.
>
> As they are opposed to EVERYTHING except Stevia, they seem to be tied in
> with the Stevia pushers
>
> Stevia has a number of problems.
> 1) It is banned in most of the world, because it is dangerous. In the
> US, you can call something a "supplement" and not have to meet any
> standards at all, LETTUCE has to meat standards, but "supplements" do
> not. Of course, it is illegal to IMPORT it, and it is illegal to sell
> it as a sweetener, but the FDA does not have the manpower to close every
> health food store
> 2) There are no purity standards on "supplements" in the US, much of
> what is sold as Stevia is simply sugar with a little anise added. It
> won't poison you, but it is NOT good for you. As there are no purity
> standards, it can consist of insect parts, rat droppings, and sawdust,
> and still be sold, as are many of the "supplements".
>

> The Druid wrote:
>
> > I guess I just don't get it. A group for diabetics and someone is
> > anti-Aspartame (I cringe at the thought of the days of saccharine).

Just
> > makes no since, of course personally I use both, but I have to be

careful