Shadow Spirit

Default This sums up the group

"Claudia-I am Star" > wrote in message
om...
> Mack > WROTE:
>
> > diabetes effects millions of children.
> > to think that children do not read our newsgroups, is being naive at

best.

> > Mack

> NO ONE suggested that children do not look at this NG.
> The point that was made
> noted that this is NOT a children's site.

seems to me this post is being cross posted to 5 different diabetic news
groups.
you mean we as adults can make this a place where kids can come and see
how adults are couping with this disease? and find out just why they should
be so careful.
i know Guy has spoken severl times about what happens to diabetics who do
not do
what they are suposed to do. are children not welcome to read such things?
are children not to see that if you dont take care of yourself you have an
increased risk
to suffer some of the things some in here have suffered?
shouldnt all diabetic news groups be open to all diabetics regardless of
their age?
you mean to tell me that a child going into the alt.food.diabetic news group
has to hear
what some are saying?
what about the mother or father who has a child with diabetes should they
block
these other news groups from their child? should they worry about what they
might read?
there is no indication that these are adult newsgroups infact i dont think
they are - they are diabetic news groups
and shouldnt we as grown diabetics make it a place where any diabetic can
come?
i know i for one will do my best to reframe from such talk. does putting a *
instead of a U change the meaning of a word?
no it just changes the way it looks. it is not the sounds of the words or
how the words look that make them wrong to use in
MEDICAL news groups that should be open to anyone who WILL benefit from
them.
no i will not fight with you over how we should talk here i just wont be the
one to tell children
that they are not welcome here because it is an adult only news group.
is the need for such talk really nessasary in a diabetic newsgroup? cant we
just tell some one they are wrong
instead of useing such talk? as you say this news group is NOT a childrens
news group only because of the
way we have been acting. i for one would just like to say im sorry to any
adult who will not allow their children
to read this group.

> As a place for grown-ups, negative language and adult type of humor
> is acceptable.

where does it say any of these news groups are adult only?
should we as adults behave in a way to help all diabetics not just those
above a certain age? how would you feel if your child was diabetic.
i for one have changed my ways - i guess my need to help as many as i can
out weights my need to talk a certain way. i dont know it just sounds
selfish to me
to take away the benifits any diabetic can gain just because i want to talk
a certain way.
its not even dirty jokes that is the problem they came far inbetween - most
of that talk
is just used to insult others. well do as you will - but for now on if i
have a dirty joke
or have to say something that IMHO should not be said infront of diabetics
of any age
i will email that person.

"so i guess diabetic news groups are places adults should be afraid
to let their children read."

i do wonder how many of you kind people feel children should be turned away
from these groups simply because we want to use bad language while
disagreeing with others
be it aspertame or low hi what ever.

excuse me what you are saying about aspartame is false there are recent
studies show this.
excuse me but I would rather not talk to you anymore good bye.

of course you could ad a few bad words in there - and please do.
then think what way sounded more like an adult and would be a better choice
for
a medical newsgroup.
fight among yourselves i dont expect things to change so i wont even try.