Old 15-10-2007, 05:10 AM posted to alt.food.wine
Tire-Bouchon Tire-Bouchon is offline

Default Donnhoff Spatlese buying advice

On Oct 14, 11:35 pm, Salil wrote:
I recently had my first experience with one of Donnhoff's wines - a
2000 Hermannshohle Auslese that showed few signs of being from a
relatively poor vintage (aside from slightly low acidity, compared to
most other German Rieslings I've had) and blew me away with each sip.
Since then I've kept my eye out for more, particularly his Spatlesen
which I've heard a lot about.

A local retailer has stock of a handful from 03 and 04 at quite
reasonable prices. Wines a
2003 Oberhauser Brucke Riesling Spatlese
2004 Oberhauser Brucke Riesling Spatlese
2004 Schlossbockelheim Felsenberg Riesling Spatlese
2004 Schlossbockelheim Kupfergrube Riesling Spatlese

Was wondering if anyone has experience with these wines, and could
recommend one of the four to start off with to introduce myself to
Donnhoff's Spats.

Thanks,

Salil

Salil,
Start with the Oberhauser Brucke 2004. Then ask your wine salesman
about the 2005 Donhoff Estate riesling. Buy many cases of that.