Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Pork loin

"Roughrider50" > wrote in message
> Greetings. Tomorrow I'm going to smoke an 8lb pork loin in my
> cookshack smoketteII. I've looked high& low for the cooking times on
> Usenet & elsewhere & can't come up with a time......just the temp. I'm
> going to butterfly, flatten & roll this critter & smoke at 225°-250°
> till its 140° to 150° internally, then sit for 30 minutes. Any ideas
> on how long this will take. I need to plan the day so an approximate
> is great. TIA!
> Corky

It will take about two hours. You can do it higher for a shorter time if
you'd like. Since you are going to flatten and roll it, can I assume you
will stuff and season it? I've done many variations with ham, pepperoni,
prosciuto, assorted cheeses, garlic, oregano, etc. Depends on what I have
on hand and what the mood at the time.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/