Posted to rec.food.recipes
[email protected] ELECT2008@gmail.com is offline

Default Pasta with Tomatoes, Capers and Mint

Pasta with Tomatoes, Capers and Mint

This is one of my favorite pasta recipes I found

4.5 litres/8 pints water
8 tsp salt
400g/14oz dried spaghetti
4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 large garlic cloves, lightly crushed
pinch crushed dried chillies
500g/1lb 2oz small ripe vine or cherry tomatoes, skins removed,
roughly chopped
1 Tbsp salted capers, rinsed and drained
2 tsp chopped fresh mint
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Place 4.5 litres/8 pints water into a large pan and bring to the boil. Add
the salt, then the spaghetti and cook according to packet instructions, or
until al dente. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan. Add
the crushed garlic cloves and fry over a low heat until they start to turn
golden-brown, then remove the garlic and discard. Add the crushed dried
chillies and chopped tomatoes and fry for one minute, until the tomatoes
are just starting to release their juice. Add the capers and mint, and
season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drain the
cooked spaghetti and add to the pan. Stir well to coat in the sauce, spoon
equal portions into four bowls and serve.

I wanted to share a simple, but great recipe website with you all. Simple,
but effective in finding thousands of recipes by entering a few key words
such as ingredients or name of a dish:
http://recipesearch.weebly.com/

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia D. Hill at .
Archives: