Old 12-10-2007, 09:19 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Bill[_3_] Bill[_3_] is offline

Default smoked beef tongue

In article [email protected],
says...

On 11-Oct-2007, Sqwertz wrote:

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 00:47:47 GMT,

wrote:

Hey! You asked if there were any recipes out there. You didn't say
they had to be good ones.

Well, there should be smoke in a smoked beef tongue
recipe, Brick ;-)

-sw

I sent out some more searches since that last post. So far
I can't find anything about smoking tongue. Apparently it is
a myth. Nobody smokes tongue. I'll keep looking. Two places
I know of they seriously cure meat, Wisconsin and Texas.
That's where there's some major German communities and
that's what they do. My antecedents all knew how to do it,
but they're all dead and it didn't get handed down.

http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogs...2/beef-smoked-
tongue.html

Bill