dolo

Default Tomato sauce substitute

"M. Gagarin" > wrote in
. net:

> "Kate Pugh" >
>
>> Another good thing to do with pizza is spread some garlic puree over
>> the edges before putting on the main toppings.

> If no one minds me asking a new question on this thread----where do
> you get the garlic puree?!

Try this:
boil peeled cloves of garlic in water until soft, then mash with a mortar
and pestle. Add olive oil (or butter), maybe a little salt. Mix well.
I like this on slightly toasted bread, served with pasta.

Or, roast the garlic:

Roasted Garlic Puree

4 large heads garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Chop off bottom of garlic head, and separate whole cloves, leaving tight
outer covering intact. Place cloves in a shallow 8-inch square baking
dish, and drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.

Cool and drain; remove skins. Roast garlic may be eaten as is or puréed
for smoother texture.

To purée, position knife blade in food processor bowl; add garlic, salt,
pepper and lemon juice. Process 30 seconds or until almost smooth,
scraping sides of processor bowl occasionally.

(http://www.recipegoldmine.com/breads...adspread6.html)
hth
dolo