Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default half sour pickles

Oh pshaw, on Wed 10 Oct 2007 07:02:40p, Puester meant to say...

> Mitch Scherer wrote:
>> "Count" > wrote in message
>>> Hi:
>>>
>>> I cant find a recipe for half sour pickles. I purchase them at the
>>> Shoprite supermarket. All the recipes I find for pickles have
>>> vinegar. The ones I purchase do not have any vinegar. The label says
>>> contains Cucumbers, water, garlic, salt and spices.
>>>
>>> Any help in finding a suitable recipe would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> FRED

>> I bought a jar of half sour pickles after the last discussion of it in
>> this group a month or so ago. They are awful.
>>
>> Mitch
>>

> Maybe half-sours need to be enjoyed in their natural setting--a good
> deli where they are placed on the table along with the menu.
>
> gloria p

You may have a point there, Gloria. That's how I was originally introduced
to them, along with pickled green tomatoes. But I make them at home now,
and like mine even more.

I have bought jars in stores that I wasn't very fond of.

--
Wayne Boatwright

The Rule of Fives states that all things happen in
fives, or are divisible by or are multiples of
five, or are somehow directly or indirectly
related to a five.