Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Something to bake biscuits on

Oh pshaw, on Mon 07 May 2007 06:28:54a, meant to
say...

> Hello all.
>
> Can anyone recommend something to bake biscuits on? We've just got a
> new oven and for some reason I don't understand this new one seems to
> bake biscuits much better than any oven I've used before. But the
> sticking point, literally, is that we don't have any decent baking
> trays. Using an old microwave tray is acceptable when it is greased.
> But I'd like to think that nowdays it would be possible to buy
> something so non-stick that you can bake biscuits on it, and when
> they're cold, just tip it up and they'll slide off.
>
> Any recommendations? I'm in the UK.

I prefer using baking parchment. You can use most any pan and the biscuits
never stick. Ah, you're in the UK. Do you mean biscuits like American
cookies, or biscuits like British scones? Either or, they won't stick.

--
Wayne Boatwright

The Rule of Fives states that all things happen in
fives, or are divisible by or are multiples of
five, or are somehow directly or indirectly
related to a five.