Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Semi food related, though more marketing related

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> Yes, indeed. It's what happened to blue jeans some years ago. Guess?
> Girbeau? My dear friend, the late Widow Geraldine refused to buy
> designer jeans with this rationale: "I'll be damned if I'm giving free
> advertising to that company. If I'm wearing anyone's name on my ass,
> it'll be my own." She was a woman of few words. God rest her soul.

Some brand name labels are subtle enough. I draw the line on outright
advertising. I can't believe the number of people who actually pay for
caps, T shirts, jackets etc. emblazoned with the name and pictures of
products. If someone is selling me a product and gives me something like
that I might wear it, but I sure as hell won't pay to do their advertising
for them.