Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected][_2_] hrbricker@NOSPAMverizon.net[_2_] is offline

Default Sand with water

On 9-Oct-2007, "kilikini" > wrote:

> Dave Bugg wrote:
> > Shawn wrote:

> >> Haven't ever cooked on a windy day??? It's pretty easy to lose the
> >> foil

> > ROTFL!!! Any wind that aggressive is going to blow the WSM into the
> > upper stratosphere.

> I was kind of thinking the same thing. The water/sand pan on a WSM is
> rather deep into the bullet. No way wind is going to blow foil off a sand
>
> pan.
>
> kili

Likewise with my Coleman gas bullet. Wind would blow the whole thing
over on its side before it would affect the pan or the foil. I can't even
remember how (exactly) the original pan was shaped, but my current
replacement pan has a rolled rim which I literally crimp the foil to all
the way around. I think I would rig some kind of wind break, if I had
to tolerate strong wind gusts

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)