Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brian Christiansen Brian Christiansen is offline

Default Semi food related, though more marketing related

Suppose I owned a potato chip company, and for the sake of this hypothetical
example, we will call the company "lito fray," and you owned a company that
made BBQ sauce, called "CK Pastermiece." Then, suppose we struck a deal
where instead of my BBQ chips simply saying "BBQ flavored" on the package,
they said "Flavored with CK Pastermiece," and had a picture of a bottle of
your BBQ sauce on them.

First, would such a contract be about me exclusively buying BBQ sauce, or
dehydrated BBQ sauce, or whatever goes on BBQ chips from you, or is it more
of a marketing deal allowing me to use your picture and name on my potato
chips, with the actual way they are made changing very little if any.

Second, would I pay you for using your logo's image on my bags of chips
(presumably making more people buy my chips), or would you pay me for
increasing your exposure, and thus advertising.

Third to make this question kind of food related, is there that much
difference between the chips that say "BBQ flavored" and the ones that say
"...CK Pastermiece?" I have had the chips that this hypothetical situation
is based on, and the ones that say simply "BBQ flavored" taste very little,
if any different than those that say "...CK Pastermiece."

Brian Christiansen