Posted to rec.food.cooking
Default User Default User is offline

Default Mario Batali

Goomba38 wrote:

> Dee Dee wrote:
>
> > I wonder if that is why Alton Brown had that program last night
> > about the "Next Iron Chef."
> >
> > I think it was dumber on food network's part not to renew the
> > contract on the old reruns of Molto Mario. I'm still watching
> > them, loads of which I've never seen; surely there are other
> > people who are just discovering Mario.
> >
> > Mario doesn't need food network; he's got a gzillian restaurants
> > and books. (I just bought an older published book of his the other
> > day.) Who needs to be connected to a failing network! Dee Dee

> I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I can't figure out why
> FoodTV doesn't seem to notice or care how bad they've gotten? Mario
> B. is a great teacher. He did have a show on FoodTV where he went
> around Italy with a really annoying sidekick foil "Rooney" (?) which
> basically ruined the show for me. I'd love to see him alone do food
> in Italy... leave the cheesy "FoodTV" style gimmicks out of it please!

The answer is, "no". They're in the business to make money, not run
educational TV. That's what PBS is for. If FN could make more money
with stand-up cooking shows, they would. That's what they started with,
because that's all they could afford. It's about the cheapest
television around.

Brian

won't shut up.