Posted to rec.food.cooking
Default User Default User is offline

Default Mario Batali

Dee Dee wrote:

> "Default User" > wrote in message
> > hermit wrote:
> >

> > > Perhaps this has already been discussed, but does anyone know why
> > > Mario is gone from the Food TV Network?

> > FN told him that they weren't going to renew the contract on the old
> > reruns of Molto Mario. He got in a snit and said that if they did
> > that he wouldn't do Iron Chef. They said ok.
> >
> > Fairly dumb on both sides, dumber on Mario's if you ask me.

> I wonder if that is why Alton Brown had that program last night about
> the "Next Iron Chef."

I'm sure that's all part of it.

> I think it was dumber on food network's part not to renew the
> contract on the old reruns of Molto Mario. I'm still watching them,
> loads of which I've never seen; surely there are other people who are
> just discovering Mario.

What are the ratings though, compared to what they cost? I don't know,
but if they could make more money running those then I'm sure they
would.

> Mario doesn't need food network; he's got a gzillian restaurants and
> books. (I just bought an older published book of his the other day.)
> Who needs to be connected to a failing network! Dee Dee

But being on primetime Food Network is free publicity for all that. To
throw that way over those old reruns makes little sense.

Brian

won't shut up.