Darrell Greenwood

Arrow Welcome to rec.food.sourdough!

Archive-name: food/sourdough/welcome
Posting-Frequency: 5 days
Last-modified: 1998/02/20

We are pleased to welcome newcomers to the rec.food.sourdough
newsgroup. We would like to take this opportunity to tell you how to
easily locate our FAQs.

The regularly posted FAQs for rec.food.sourdough are posted in this
newsgroup automatically every 18 days.

If the FAQs are not currently on your news server, they can be located via:

http://www.nyx.net/~dgreenw/sourdoughfaqs.html

You can also ask for them to be delivered to you by email by sending mail to;

with one or more of the following in the body of the message. Note
the address carefully. Note these are fairly large files of around 40
to 100 kilobytes each.

send usenet/news.answers/food/sourdough/FAQ

send usenet/news.answers/food/sourdough/starters

send usenet/news.answers/food/sourdough/basicbread

send usenet/news.answers/food/sourdough/recipes

Newcomers may also wish to check out tips for new readers and posters
of this newsgroup at:

http://www.nyx.net/~dgreenw/newcomertips.html

and a very good sourdough primer at:

http://www.pipeline.com/~rosskat/wizzi.html

Last edited by kevin : 06-07-2004 at 01:22 PM