Posted to rec.food.baking
Hoges in WA Hoges in WA is offline

Default Ravioli pasta dough?

"anthony" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Does ravioli pasta dough have to be different than the standard
> recipe? I've recently bought an Imperia pasta machine and have made
> delicious fettucinne using just 00 flour, eggs and a dash of olive-
> oil. Perfection, with no water at all in the recipe.
> Now I've bought on Ebay a Raviolamp Ravioli Classici Italian pasta
> mould, and on the box it gives a totally different recipe -- for 6
> people, use 3 eggs, 4 cups sifted flowers (sic), a quarter cup of
> water and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
> Does this recipe cater to the longer cooking time needed? The
> instructions suggest 8 to 10 minutes in boiling water compared to the
> three minutes I give my fettuccine. I'd like to benefit from your
> experience before I try!

The longer cooking time may have more to do with the filling than the pasta.
I use the same recipe for my ravioli as my ordinary pasta and it is fine.

I use 4 eggs for 1lb flour. Depending on the weather, I might put in a
tablespoon of Olive Oil or another egg if the eggs I have are a bit small.

Just a thought.