Posted to alt.food.wine
Dee Dee Dee Dee is offline

Default Oregon Wine Tasting Fees

"Richard Neidich" > wrote in message
>> In my experience in California, the practice of "Napa Valley: tasting
>> fees;
>> everywhere else: no charge" is historical at best. At this point, I
>> expect
>> everywhere to charge a fee in the tasting room; if they don't it's a
>> bonus.
>>
>> Actually, I don't mind if they charge me; it's a nominal amount, they
>> need
>> to defray their expenses, and it keeps down the marauding hordes of
>> "let's
>> hit all the wineries in the area and get blitzed" people. But if they
>> don't
>> apply the fee to a purchase, I do think it's arrogant.
>>
>> Curt

I was in the historical category of the marauding hordes of "let's hit all
thewineries in the area and get blitzed" in the Napa Valley in the very
earliest 70's. They were happy to have us. You were welcomed to the bar,
given more wine than you could possibly drink.

Now that they've got notoriety, they don't need the hordes; they even
charge them! Ah, yes, success!
Dee Dee