Old 01-10-2007, 09:16 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
charlyhorse charlyhorse is offline

Default remote thermometer

Hi I'm fairly new to this group but I've messed up a fair amount of beef on
my offset in past. I needed a new thermometer and was looking at Lowes
home improvement online and ran across a neat little talking thermometer
with remote capabilities, it ran just under $30 usd. It's an Oregon
scientific AW131. Tried it this weekend and I had a problem getting the
sensor and reciever to talk to one another but once they did it worked
pretty well. I could keep an eye on my temperature and the football game
without leaving easy chair.While I'm not sure I'll use the programmed
settings too much it did serve as an alert when fire got too hot... be
nice they had one that alerted when temp dropped as well. I was just
impressed with it over all and I thought I'd pass the info along.

a link to Oregon Scientific with some specs outlined.

http://oregonscientific.factoryoutle...3-3986/Oregon-
Scientific-Thermometers-AW131.html