Posted to rec.food.baking
anthony anthony is offline

Default 00 Flour

> > I would like to try and have an order ready for King Arthur
> > anyhow.

I was fortunate to find 00 flour in my supermarket here in the Blue
Mountains of Australia -- I don't know how regular its appearance is!
It seems very finely milled indeed, and is a higher protein than your
King Arthur brand -- it's around 9.5. And the fettucinne I made with
it was delicious.
I found elsewhere the same day a Continental-style flour under the
name Sharps - haven't tried it yet, but it looks to be even finer-
milled than the 00, if that's possible.
For pizza I've been using bog-ordinary bakers' flour with great
results -- I give it only half as much yeast as I use for the same
quantity flour for bread-making, and I stretch it as much as I can
before laying it out on the baking tray as my wife and I really love
thin-crust pizza, with the simplest toppings possible -- sometimes
just a little goat's fetta, herbs (oregano, or basil if we're also
using some fresh tomatoes) and a drizzle of olive oil is enough!