Posted to rec.food.baking
anthony anthony is offline

Default Ravioli pasta dough?

Does ravioli pasta dough have to be different than the standard
recipe? I've recently bought an Imperia pasta machine and have made
delicious fettucinne using just 00 flour, eggs and a dash of olive-
oil. Perfection, with no water at all in the recipe.
Now I've bought on Ebay a Raviolamp Ravioli Classici Italian pasta
mould, and on the box it gives a totally different recipe -- for 6
people, use 3 eggs, 4 cups sifted flowers (sic), a quarter cup of
water and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Does this recipe cater to the longer cooking time needed? The
instructions suggest 8 to 10 minutes in boiling water compared to the
three minutes I give my fettuccine. I'd like to benefit from your
experience before I try!