Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
juliantai[_3_] juliantai[_3_] is offline

Default worried about pesticides in tea?

Scott/Dogma

> any professional laboratory today is using the chromatographic method,
> but if you want to do it at home you can get the reagents to do the older
> tests.

Can you explain what chromatographic is about is layman's terms? How
is that different from gas-chromatography which I came across in more
recent studies?

> >doses. Kind of the opposite of heavy-metal poisoning, like recent lead
> >problems. FWIW, I don't worry about it, and I do think a lot about food
> >safety.

Could you elaborate further on the "recent lead problems"? Is that the
toy paint thingy? That seems to be a different issue from
environmental pollution.

> Yes, but don't forget there are some organometallic pesticides in common
> use today now, which are indeed the opposite. On the gripping hand, we

Could you explain what is organometallic pesticides? Is there such
thing as fluoride pesticide? How can I read about the different kinds
of pesticides available, pros and cons etc?

> also have to contend with the fact that the pesticides used in the field
> are not exactly reagent-grade and come with all kinds of other contaminants
> in possibly significant amounts.

What is reagent-grade in layman's terms?

Sorry for the bother. I don't really intend to take up too much of
your time. But if you can point me in the right direction, I will much
appreciate it.

Thank you.

Julian
http://www.amazing-green-tea.com