Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
juliantai[_3_] juliantai[_3_] is offline

Default worried about pesticides in tea?

> there. Near Fuzhou, there is a town called Fuding, where they produce
> white tea. Fuzhou has a lot of good eats there. Really delicious
> stuff. Xiamen has some good food too. Lots of seafood - but probably
> all polluted. Anyway, it tastes good.

Niisonge, I am glad you find something nice to say about Fuzhou. My
paternel grandparents and distant relatives are from that region. I
have never visited the city itself, as where were from more distant
Fuzhou villages.

Since you mention food, could you please tell me what you find nice
about it? My grandmother was a good cook, but ever since she passed
away, I solely missed Fuzhou cooking. As a boy, she never bothered
trained me in the art of cookery.

> The food there is not so great either. But Tieguanyin is also grown in
> the smaller towns in the mountains around there. So it would probably
> be cleaner than the stuff that they grow nearest the town.

Agree.

I think in fairness to Anxi, you really have to be talking about the
mountainous villages of Xiping, Xianghe and Gande, where the authentic
Tieguanyin are grown.

Could you share with us your opinions on how clean and dirty these
villages are?

I will be very keen to have their teas tested to remove any doubts.

Julian
http://www.amazing-green-tea.com