Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Mydnight Mydnight is offline

Default worried about pesticides in tea?

> Yeah, stop drinking his tea and any tea from Fujian. Let all the
> Fujian people buy the tea. There are so many people in Fujian with
> money - and they all drink tea; if one consumer stops buying - no one
> cares. The demand is so darn huge in Mainland China anyway.

Already done. Also, most people from here don't drink tea from Fujian
anymore either. Most of their big revenue comes from illegal
smuggling anyway; giving a few million people health problems because
of their filthy tea is the least of their worries. Sad to say.

> I think that's the problem right there. Chinese tea producers won't
> change much until the mass of Chinese consumers themselves start
> demanding pesticide-residue free tea.

Won't happen. Most Chinese are relatively ignorant that this is even
a problem and the Chinese media is making sure that it doesn't look
too serious. They are out to make SARS look like the common cold.

Damn, I hate being so negative. What's wrong with me?