Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
niisonge niisonge is offline

Default worried about pesticides in tea?

> You can see Taiwan from Xiamen? Really? I've spent some time in
> Xiamen, and I could see Jinmen, which is administered by Taiwan and
> produces really good cutlery but no tea.

Yeah, but technically, that is still Taiwan, isn't it?

> The closest point to Taiwan, which I believe is the Gaoshan area near
> Fuzhou, is about 80 miles.

Well, Lianjiang county is a county near Fuzhou that is partly
controlled by Mainland China, and partly controlled by the ROC. The
outlying islands anyway, are controlled by the ROC, and that's a tea
producing area. In that area, they all speak Fuzhou dialect. It's only
about 19 Km to the mainland.