Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
niisonge niisonge is offline

Default worried about pesticides in tea?

> It was a merchant, a local of XiPing (one of the big producers of TGY
> besides GanDe) that told me to stop drinking his tea and Wulong from
> Fujian.

Yeah, stop drinking his tea and any tea from Fujian. Let all the
Fujian people buy the tea. There are so many people in Fujian with
money - and they all drink tea; if one consumer stops buying - no one
cares. The demand is so darn huge in Mainland China anyway.

I think that's the problem right there. Chinese tea producers won't
change much until the mass of Chinese consumers themselves start
demanding pesticide-residue free tea.