williamwaller

Default Sourdough Whole Wheat - receipe, equipment, and process

On 3/15/04 10:38 AM, "Dick Adams" > wrote:

> "williamwaller" > wrote in message
> news:mailman.59.1079361027.204.rec.food.sourdough@ mail.otherwhen.com...
>
>>> Dick Adams wrote:

> followed by a bunch of quoted, requoted, & rerequoted stuff that I had
> very little to do with except to imply that I was not in agreement with it.
>
> Sometimes I write that it is not necessary to include the thread history
> with each post because it is usually available by clicking on the news ID
> which usually appears at the head of each post, and, in the case that it
> is not, any thread can be recovered from the Google archive.
>
> I am sorry that I got into this because I know very well that there is no
> way to dissuade newbies from the notion that it takes a sour starter to
> make sour bread.
>
> ---
> DickA
>
> Dick,

If you would point me to the links for appropriate posting etiquette, I will
read them. You're way ahead of me on thread searches and so forth. I am
quite willing to learn.

Mike's post reminded me of a number of bread adventurers. At some point many
of us thought sourdough was supposed to be sour or really sour or really,
really sour. I remember adding a Laura Brody sour enhancer product to a
batch years ago. Our benevolent friends at King Arthur stocked it and
recommended it. (You only do that once, I might add)

Mike apparently has a good starter. The elusive flavor he seeks requires
longer dough fermantation. He will learn more quickly if we show him the
other dials to adjust.

Will

http://www.otherwhen.com/mailman/lis...food.sourdough