Dick Adams

Default Sourdough Whole Wheat - receipe, equipment, and process

"Mike Dilger" > wrote in message =

> > > I'm trying to get it sour. I'm letting a sponge sour past the
> > > frothy stage

> > You might try Googling "souring the sponge".

> ... it is depressing that I haven't gotten very sour bread yet.

> So... I guess I have to let the sponge go for a week next time ...

Googling, it seems, is not for everyone.

---
DickA

P.S. To Google "souring the sponge", one goes to the Google search
engine at http://www.google.com , writes "souring the sponge", including =
the
quotation marks, in the box, and presses the return key. That should
bring up an article that used to be in the r.f.s. Q&A FAQ. There are
still people who will encourage you to do what you are doing, and they
continue to report that their wives and kids love the loaves they make.