Aaron

Default the smell of starter

Awe! I think I get it now. The faster the ph drops, the faster the
unwanted organisms are eliminated. Also, the competition for the
dwindling food supply sort of forces the starter in to "survival of
the fittest mode". Do I got it or am I still missing the point?

Either way, you've been a huge help in getting things on the right
track. It smells better and better with each refreshing. It actually
smells somewhat like yeast now. It should be good to use soon if the
smell is any indication. I'm just waiting for the explosive growth
that I've read about.

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:22:32 -0700, Samartha Deva