Posted to alt.food.wine
[email protected] jj@unspameljefe.net is offline

Default Leoville Barton

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 16:25:51 -0400, "Richard Neidich"
> wrote:

>Anyone try the 2002 Leoville Barton recently, I received a few bottles as a
>gift but have not tried.
>
>Erobertparket says best after 2012 and WS says best after 2007.

Two years ago at the Garagiste blind 2002 Bdx tasting, the '02
Leoville Barton finished 6th overall out of 16 wines. It didn't make
my top five.

My brief notes for that tasting say, "very light nose, no oak, closed,
not much flavor, tannic."

There were about 100 people of all stripes tasting the wines. Top five
finishers overall we

1. Pape Clement
2. Mouton Rothschild
3. Latour
4. Osoyoos Larose (a ringer from B.C.)
5. Palmer

My top five:

1. Mouton Rothschild
2. Lynch Bages
3. Pichon Lalande
4. Pape Clement
5. Cheval Blanc just edged out Osoyoos Larose (it was a virtual tie)

JJ