Jenn

Default recipe help! PLEASE!!!

Well, the recipe I have is printed out of a book, and it's spelled,
Cannelet, and I googled it, and found it under this spelling, along with the
spelling you gave. Anyway, I just wanted to say I just made these and keep
forgetting that I end up adding a little extra flour than what my recipe
calls for to get the right consistency.

I saw one website that says they are commonly done in copper moulds.
Anyway, I don't have copper or wooden moulds, but they come out ok in the
mini muffin tins!! Yes, a bit crispy on the outside and creamy on the
inside, and very much addicting! My recipe makes about 3 1/2 dozen, and
they don't last but maybe an hour in my house!! (They are also really
really good with a little raspberry sauce on them!)

Thanks for your help, Hans! I am going to save your recipe and give that
one a try next time I make them. What is the purpose of keeping it 12 hours
in the refrigerator, though? I usually just let the milk mixture cool a
bit, mix it up and bake it right off. Comes out fine. I will try that next
time though, to see the difference.

Jenn. W.

--
If we do not change direction, we'll end up where we're headed.
-Lao Tsu

"H. W. Hans Kuntze" > wrote in message
Jenn wrote:

>Well, I ended up coming home early (my dad isn't the easiest person to bake
>with, to put it mildly!), and I was spelling it wrong. It is Cannelet.

Not really Jenn, more like canneles, if you and I are talking about the
same thing.
A specialty of Bordeaux and the whole region. Little cakes, crisp on the
outside, creamy/custardy inside.
Anyway, in France, they are baked in special fluted wooden moulds that
are greased with beeswax.

========== REZKONV-Rezept - RezkonvSuite v0.96f

Titel: Canneles Of Bordeaux
Kategorien: Baking, France
Menge: 1 Rezept

1 Litre milk
100 Gramm Butter
4 Egg yolks
4 Eggs
500 Gramm Sugar
200 Gramm Flour
100 ml Rum
Liquid vanilla

============================== QUELLE ==============================
-Erfasst *RK* 06.10.02 von
-H.W. Hans Kuntze, CMC

Mix together the eggs, the yolks, the flour and the sugar in a bowl
until the mixture is even. Add 1/4 litre of milk. Heat the rest of
the milk (3/4 litre) in a saucepan with butter. Bring to a
temperature of 84° C. Pour the hot milk into a bowl with the eggs-
flour mixture. Add the rum and vanilla according to taste. Allow to
stand for 2 hours then leave in the refrigerator for 12 hours. Bake
in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 180°C.

=====

--
Sincerly,

C=¦-)§ H. W. Hans Kuntze, CMC, S.g.K. (_o_)
http://www.cmcchef.com , chef<AT>cmcchef.com
"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it Happened"