Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nonnymus[_5_] Nonnymus[_5_] is offline

Default Making a real BBQ rig

Guv Bob wrote:
> mmmmmm MMMMM!!!! This is making me HONGRY!! :OD
>
> Some of the folks at work talk about what a "real" bbq is. One says that the meat is not cooked over fire or coals, that it's off to the side and has the smoke funnels across it. I never heard that anywhere else - thought BBQ was always done over coals or a wood fire (pronounced far).
>
> Guv Bob

My neighbor brought over a big container of pulled pork loin that he'd
cooked up in his electric oven overnight. My mild criticism of him is
that he overcooks meat. Outside of that, the loin was delicious when
mixed with KC Masterpiece and eaten on a hot dog bun. I compared it
side to side with smoked pulled butt and the butt won hand's down.
However, his loin/KC Masterpiece makes a good breakfast sandwich that
I've enjoyed for the past three mornings, now.

The guy also likes to do a loin in a crock pot, and the result is
edible, also. We all have our favorite and less favorite foods. I sure
as heck never turn down the good food he brings over, but then he
doesn't turn down mine, either. <grin>

Nonny
--
---Nonnymus---