Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default OT- Never Forget

"Joseph" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> I do feel that sometimes we need to set aside the time to reflect on
> the past, as most of us are kept busy with the daily grind. I fly my
> "Stars and Stripes" only on certain historical and memorial days, so that
> it has special meaning to me (YMMV). I fly the flag at half staff at
> times out of respect for the fallen. I use Sunday mornings for visits to
> the cemetery and as a time to reflect on life. This is the way it should
> be... IMHO (or should I say "works for me..

Joseph, I fly the American flag, Marine Corps flag and MIA/POW flag 24/7,
lighted at night. I lower the flags to half staff on Peace Officers
Memorial Day (May 15), National Korean War Armistice Day (July 27), Patriot
Day (September 11) and National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day (December 7).
I fly them at half staff 'til noon on Memorial Day (last Monday in May). I
reflect on life every night, when I go to bed and at other times as
conditions warrant.

> For what it's worth I am a life long Dem and not a big fan of this
> administration's policies, BUT(that's a big but) I have to say that duty,
> honor, country, come before political gain. I think a lot of people have
> put personal wealth and power before the well being of this great nation.

Politicians, in general, seem to me to be the most guilty of the latter.

> I find very few posters on Usenet that I care to discuss things
> with, so when I see what appears to be an honorable person post something
> I take notice. Thanks Again for your service,

We really should find a more suitable venue for this discussion, as this
NewsGroup is primarily for BBQ related posts. Therefore, this will be my
last post on this subject on this NG. If you wish to discuss it further,
perhaps soc.culture.usa or the appropriate NG of your choice. Let me know
here, I will reply there. Thanks.

~Semper Fi~