Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy[_2_] Andy[_2_] is offline

Default (2007-09-14) New survey on the RFC site: Silly survey: Friday night food

Sky said...

> Sky, who still feels lucky and hopes to win that "big lottery" someday

Sky,

I hope you do!

I wrote a lot of lotto checker programs in my day. To try to convince my
mate in Australia to stop playing the lottery I wrote a Perl program to
generate 100,000 pseudo random lotto quick pick games and then match them
against a winning number series I chose. I had it set to infinitely loop
until it triggered a grand prize match. It took about 10 seconds to run
each iteration. After 48 hours I had to kill the program.

You do the math! If you can't do that, don't play the lottery! <G>

170,000,000:1

He keeps sending me money to manage his lotto habit, for 10%. In 5 years
he's lost $800. I've made $3.00, MAYBE!

I still go in for $1.00 when it's over $100 million. I can't be bothered
with a measly $50 million jackpot. What kind of island would THAT buy? <G>

Andy