Posted to rec.food.historic
[email protected] someones@thedoor.com is offline

Default "Optional service charge"

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 16:37:08 +0200, "Michael Kuettner"
> wrote:

> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
.. .
>> On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 01:45:16 +0200, "Michael Kuettner"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> <snip great discussion of delicious sounding food>
>>>
>>>Well, ethnic Australians until Fritz decided to wage war against Maria
>>>Theresia

>> <more snippage>
>>
>>>Well, a look into the phone-book of Vienna (Australia) would show you Mareks,
>>>Posbischils, etc. And Czernys, Molotovs and whatever else was once part
>>>of the empire.
>>>While Australia isn't as big as Merka, we are more thoroughly *******ized;
>>>we've been at it for more than a thousand years ...
>>>

>>>Michael Kuettner
>>>

>> I'm confused, Michael. In this and a previous post in this thread you
>> refer to "Australians" (people from Ausralia). It seems to me you
>> might mean "Austrians" (people from Austria, in Europe). Which is it?
>> Has your spellchecker gone nuts? 'Cause it doesn't sound like the
>> Australia in which I live :-)

>Since George Bush stated that the Austrian army is in Afghanistan, I
>feel a craving for roo-steak a la Vienna and am constantly checking
>in which direction the toilet drains ...;-)
>
>The Austria<->Australia confusion is one of the oldest Usenet-jokes.
>Esp. Merkins seem unable to keep the two apart, as demonstrated by
>Bush recently.
>
>G'day matey,
>
>Michael "Bruce" Kuettner

Ah, yes. Mr Bush. At the recent APEC conference he thanked the
organisers of the "OPEC" conference. He obviously has the Middle East
on the brain :-)
An Aussie comedian had his "George Bush" thanking the Australian Prime
Minister, Ron Howard, for his contribution to cinema ;-)
CJ
"Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce......................... ..........."