Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Dee Dee Dee is offline

Default Allergy workarounds/substitutions - Corn

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Dee Dee" > wrote in message
>
>> Can you eat rice; brown rice?
>> So simple. Perhaps you mentioned it, but I missed it.

> Italians can be funny with rice. My in-laws are Italian and rice was not
> commonly served in the part of Italy they were from. My FIL wouldn't
> touch the stuff for that reason. MIL is less picky.

Ah, yes. Risotto - I'm going to have to perfect this for myself.

I just received in the mail today, "Risotto" by Judith Barrett, and
wondering what broths they use for making risotto.

Basic: veal and chicken backs and necks
Chicken: whole or parts
Vegetable: veggies
Fish: 1 fish frame (scale and head) I wonder what they mean by this: frame,
then they put in parenthesis,scale and head.??

Dee Dee