Posted to alt.food.barbecue
jmagerl jmagerl is offline

Default French Fries

"Moe Jones" > wrote in message
> Last night I put some chicken on the grill and figured I would make some
> homemade French fries but they were not to my liking and wanted some
> feedback on what I could have done different.
>

> 1. Used Russet potatoes.
>
> 2. Peel and cut up potatoes.
>
> 3. Soak and rinsed in water to remove the starch.
>
> 4. Pout them in the freezer.
>
> 5. Heated up the oil up to 400 degrees & cook them.
>
> 6. Put them on paper towel and salted them.
>

> --
> Moe Jones
> HVAC Service Technician
> Energy Equalizers Inc.
> Houston, Texas
> www.EnergyEqualizers.com

Just as an experiment, I took a leftover baked potatoe and cut it into
slices and deep fried. BEst french fries I ever made. I guess its similar to
the double fry method only the first fry is actually baking. Next time, I'm
going to deliberately make extra baked potatoes and take them out before
they are completely done.