Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN I like a Rheingau more than a Rhone white (surprise, surprise)

On Sep 12, 4:22?pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:

> A Texier wine that's low in acidity? Say it ain't so, Dale! Even his
> '03 Brezeme rouge wasn't.

Seemed a bit flat to me. I'll take another look tonight. But agree not
his norm (some of the Brezeme rouges from 6 or 7 vintages ago were so
aggressively acidic I couldn't drink, and I think of myself as very
acid-tolerant.)

> Have you had any of the Zilliken or Hexamer '05s? David Schildknecht at
> least seems to think that they hit homeruns in '05.

I quite liked the Zilliken Saarburger Rausch Kabinett , though not as
much as the '04. But the '05 Kabinett seemed more like a Spatlese. But
a damn tasty Spatlese. Haven't had any '05 Hexamer IIRC.