Posted to rec.food.preserving
The Joneses[_1_] The Joneses[_1_] is offline

Default Pickled Cauliflower

"Brian Mailman" > wrote in message
> zxcvbob wrote:
>
>> Yesterday I cut up a small head of cauliflower and packed it in a quart
>> canning jar with brine from a big jar of Vlasic jalapeno slices.

> Yar, I always save the brine from commercial pickle jars and use it for
> pickling blanched (parcooked) veggies like carrot spears, cauliflower,
> etc.
>
> B/

And sugar snap peas or them edible Chinese pea pods thingies. I don't like
pickled radishes, but some do. Jicama might be nice this way. I'll get one
next time I'm at the store and try it.
Who else sneaks leetle drinks of pickle juice?
Edrena, sippin' on the sly.