Posted to rec.food.cooking
Little Malice Little Malice is offline

Default Using a PSP as a Recipe Book

One time on Usenet, Andy <q> said:
> Zilbandy said...
> > On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 04:42:35 -0000, Harrison >
> > wrote:

> >>One can use a PSP to dowload .jpg files that have been scanned and
> >>keep them on a PSP. Also if you have a DVR that records TV shows and
> >>has a USB port attachment you can put your recipes and video
> >>recordings side by side.

> > Hmmm... PSP and jpg. Are you talking about Paint Shop Pro? Maybe you
> > should look into joining the AAAAA. Just in case you don't know AAAAA,
> > in my usage, means American Association Against Acronym Abuse.

> It's the Play-Station-Personal, that pocket gizmo from Sony.
>
> Quite easy to have recipes on it in that .jpg format and probably a good
> application for it. Does wi-fi, text messaging, e-mail, plays java applets,
> games, movies, pictures, music, etc.
>
> I don't own one but it's quite a nice device. Except for it's size, if it
> had touchscreen and cell-phoneability it would put the iPhone to shame,
> imho.
>
> My brother is goo-goo, gaa-gaa over his. A while back he verbally fought
> with me to buy one.
>
> The cost to "play" with one with all the missing essentials today, is
> probably $300 or somewhere in that neighborhood.

Nope, they're going for $169 now. I got one for Mother's Day. I
love it! Great for storing photos, music, etc. plus I'm currently
playing "Lemmings", which is kind of weird without a mouse. I never
thought to put recipes on it, but that might be more trouble than
it's worth. Then again, my computer desk is only 10 feet from the
kitchen, so I can put my recipe file on screen and hop back and
forth. I can use the exercise... ;-)

--
Jani in WA